Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros


For today's First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, here's an into from a book I've been thinking about reading. 

Feel free to join in by posting the opening paragraph (sometimes maybe a few ) of a book you decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s). Grab the banner and play along.

Jonathan Evison - Algonquin - (August 28, 2012)

hooked on mnemonics
"I was broke when duty called me to minister to those less fortunate than myself, so maybe I'm no Florence Nightengale.  And maybe in light of all that happened with Piper and Jodi, I'm not qualified to care for anybody.  The fact is, at thirty-nine, with a gap in my employment history spanning the better part of the technological revolution, I'm not qualified to do much anymore."

Would you keep reading?  The second paragraph is very long, but for me it seemed like one I'd love to keep reading. Any plans for this one?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar