Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

More drugs

 


I finally got to speak to the Advanced Nurse Practitioner yesterday on the phone and she prescribed antibiotics again.  I don't like taking them but right now I need to kill off all the nasties in my chest.  I've written before that healthcare and prescriptions are free here in Scotland (obviously paid for through our taxes) so I count myself blessed and lucky to have such quick access to the drugs I need.  Although you have to wait weeks for routine DR appointments so it's not perfect.

One of the things I like about blogging is that I can go back and see when I've written about being ill in the past.  It's an occupational hazard of teaching wee ones that you pick up lots of bugs and viruses.  Most primary teachers have a higher than average count of annual colds etc.  But I'm concerned that in the last 3 or 4 months I've picked up 'bugs' that have floored me and made me take time off work.  And I'm noticing that it's taking me longer to 'get over' them.  That's a big change and apart from the impact of Covid, I need to work out how to boost my immune system again and keep healthy.

Rather fed up that I'm currently tucked up in bed listening to yet another storm brewing (Dudley I think!) instead of getting on with painting my bathroom ceiling.  At least it's only me that sees it!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar