Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Unicorn Poop Marshmallows


Fresh, sparkly unicorn poop, straight from the magical horse's butt. This was inspired by Nomageddon's Poop Peep Recipe!

What little kid didn't adore unicorns? I remember I was desperate for any "proof" that these majestic creatures existed. I watched The Last Unicorn hundreds of times, doublechecked every horse I encountered for the trace of a horn, and wished on every shooting star that I'd someday see one.

Why are millennials obsessed with unicorns now? I see it on all sorts of fashion and decor, even moreso than on children's clothes and toys. Could it be because we're nostalgic for a simpler time? Or we're waiting for the magical unicorns to visit us again and bestow some magic upon us (possibly to make our student loans disappear?)...

Well friends, look who I caught in the act:


That's a real, live unicorn, folks. And he has the nerve to not only poop on my table, but sniff his own butt nuggets! What a creep! Maybe the magic of unicorns is something we should keep in the past...


He ran away before I could get a better picture (unicorns are jerks, who knew!) but something about these pretty little lumps piqued my curiosity. After all, how often does one come across a magical beast's dung? So I had to have a nibble. You would have done it, too.

Did you know that unicorn poop tastes of strawberries? It's true! I carefully recreated the flavors for you here, in case you don't have the good fortune of a unicorn pooping on your own table. These Unicorn Poop Marshmallows are the perfect gift for your favorite desolate millennial, or wide-wondered child with an awesome sense of humor.



Unicorn Poop Marshmallows
(Adapted from this recipe for homemade peeps)
  • 1 packet gelatin + 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar + 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tsp strawberry extract
  • 3 drops neon pink food coloring
  • 3 drops neon blue food coloring
  • 3 drops neon purple food coloring
  • Sprinkles, edible luster dust, and candy hearts for garnish

-In the bowl of a stand mixer, gently whisk together the gelatin and water. Let sit while you prepare the sugar.

-In saucepan over low heat, combine the remaining water with the sugar.  Using a candy thermometer, heat over medium heat until it reaches 238 F.

-When it's reached the proper temperature, take off the heat and pour into the mixer with the gelatin, add the strawberry, whisking gently until smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.

-Turn the mixer on high and mix until fluffy and peaks form. The peaks should hold together slightly.

-Transfer mixture to three bowls and distribute the colors until they're to your liking. Tip: I did them all in one bowl to get a marbling effect, but it's hard to keep them from fully incorporating so I suggest the bowls if you're a beginner.

-Immediately transfer to large piping bag. Give it a couple minutes to get slightly sticky. When it's ready to pipe into your poop lumps, the mixture should hold shape with just a little bit of falling.

-Let dry until just barely tacky and cover with sprinkles of your choice.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar