Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Teaser Tuesday (33)

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Rules for participating:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser is from The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett. I finished it yesterday, but since this book is so absolutely hilarious I just had share a teaser from it.

(Not the cover of the copy I took out of the library, but I couldn't find a good-quality version of the right one. And besides, I like this one a whole lot better.)

"Good morning, dwarf (indicating miscreant), I am Overseer Vimes of the Look."
   Lady Sybil heard Inigo give a little groan.
   "Krz? Gr'dazak yad?"
   "Hang on, hang on, I know this one . . . I am sure you are a dwarf of no convictions. Let us shake our business, dwarf (indicating miscreant)."
   "Yes, that will just about do it, I think," said Inigo. "Mmm, mhm."
-p. 125

*Italics indicate dwarf language.

*****

Do you have a teaser, or thoughts on the book you're reading? Feel free to leave them in the comments!


-----The Golden Eagle
Enhanced by Zemanta

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar